Friday, August 21, 2009

Tableware








Heath Ceramics has been creating classic tableware and tile in Sausalito , California since the 1940's. Last year, they opened a retail store and gallery in the Fairfax district of Los Angeles. Business is booming, and last night I attended a busy reception at which grilled cheese sandwiches were served. My friend said, "They're making them with irons on ironing boards, just like we did in college!" Not that we actually attended college together, but I realized she has ironed sandwiches and I have not. I never lived in a dorm, nor had a gang of roommates and innately grilled my sandwiches in a skillet on a stove. "They taste the same as I remember," she added. The funny thing is that I know that must be true, because they tasted nothing like grilled cheese made in a pan.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Fama said...

This is only not gross if the iron has never been used on men's shirts.