Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sci-finesse



You would have to kill me and prop me up in the seat of my car
with a smile printed on my face to get me to go near Hollywood.

--Philip K. Dick




Philip K. Dick was skeptical that his stories could be adapted for film. However, after seeing the special effects employed in Ridley Scott's 1982 film Blade Runner (based on his novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?), he enthusiastically supported the project. Dick died several months before the film was released, at the young age of 53. As of 2011, ten of his stories have made their way to the big screen, some better than others, but none as fantastically lush as Blade Runner.

Free will and the questionable nature of reality are recurring themes. Also, a deep-seated distrust of large and powerful corporations.



Love is blind...to those that control fate

Can one willfully change their future?

How reliable is memory?

What makes a human, human?


No comments: