Saturday, December 10, 2011

Staff picks





You work with someone long enough, you get to know their pet peeves.
You work with someone long enough in a children's bookstore, you get to know their pet peeve titles.




S. took issue with Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree



"So I should give and give until I'm a stump?"



L. and J. shared the same disdain for Robert Munsch's Love You Forever

Mommy as a spying stalker

Rocking with old Mommy



SM was genuinely puzzled by the popularity of Taro Gomi's Everyone Poops



27 pages of WE GET IT!



 For me, Marcus Pfister's The Rainbow Fish was the pebble in my shoe. Supposedly promoting sharing and kindness,  the fish has to give his shiny scales to the other fish in order to be accepted and liked
(buy your friends and forget about being unique).





1 comment:

Kimparklee said...

I love the giving tree still, always hated love you forever, blech.