Thursday, June 28, 2012

A walk in the park

Although her romantic comedies are iconic, when I think about Nora Ephron's screenplays, I especially like the dialogue between friends. That silly, sometimes emphatic banter of people who have known each other through bad jobs, bad hairstyles and bad relationships. It can take a long time to become fully formed, and there's real humor along the way.



What I will miss

My kids
Nick
Spring
Fall
Waffles
The concept of waffles
Bacon
A walk in the park
The idea of a walk in the park
The park
Shakespeare in the Park
The bed
Reading in bed
Fireworks
Laughs
The view out the window
Twinkle lights
Butter
Dinner at home just the two of us
Dinner with friends
Dinner with friends in cities where none of us lives
Paris
Next year in Istanbul
Pride and Prejudice
The Christmas tree
Thanksgiving dinner
One for the table
The dogwood
Taking a bath
Coming over the bridge to Manhattan
Pie


From her book, I Remember Nothing and Other Reflections

No comments: